Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pumpkin Oatmeal

I love Fall. I love everything about it - the leaves, clouds, boots, Halloween and pumpkins. This pumpkin oatmeal looks entirely too brilliant to pass up!
{via Farmhouse}
Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
this perfectly serves two people, but you can easily double it if needed.

1 1/2 cups old-fashion oatmeal (not quick cook!)
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon flax seeds
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon brown sugar

Preheat oven to 375.
In a medium bowl, combine oats, flax seeds and salt.
In another bowl, combine pumpkin, puree, butter, milk, vanilla, brown sugar and spices.
Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until fully combined.
Pour into baking dish (or ramekins) and bake for 10 mins.
If desired, you can add a topping (butter, brown sugar and pecans) after the 10 minutes and cook for 5 more.


5 comments:

  1. I love everything with pumpkin those days:) This oatmeal sounds wonderful:)
    Kisses, my dear

    Ps: I’m hosting a Pistacho Press GIVEAWAY today, so please join in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will be making this. yum yum yum. something else that i wanted to try is baking some pumpkin bread. i just think i could eat a whole loaf right now. have a good day!
    meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything pumpkin and am going to have to try this! I just made pumpkin bread with fresh pumpkin and chocolate chips...so yum.

    mandeepearson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would give anything for a bowl of this.....yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! this looks incredible! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)