Sunday, July 17, 2011

We Made It!

Hi, Friends! We finally made it to Florida. Holy moly, it was a long drive. I don't think I will be doing that again, anytime soon! We had to bypass Nashville because I had to be to work a day earlier than expected, to attend a seminar. So we drove straight through. We did however get to see Mt Rushmore. We didn't stay at the park long, as we were just passing through, but it was an amazing sight! There is a lot of family friendly activities along the way to the park, so I highly recommend it for a family vacation--especially if you live near! 

But, alas! We are here. Safe and sound. We found an amazing, affordable apartment. It was only the second one we had looked at, but we both loved it and the area. We got the keys the next day and BAM! the apartment was painted! For now, we are still in a hotel, waiting for our stuff to arrive. Crossing my fingers for early next week! I'm eager, dang it! I absolutely love unpacking and reorganizing in a clean, fresh area. I can't wait!

A few tid-pits from our drive across country:
  • Montana is be-au-ti-ful! 
  • South Dakota has a lot of billboards (and highway construction for that matter).
  • Keeping the cooler in the backseat and making sandwiches on the center console... brilliant timesaver! 
  • We changed our route about 7 times.
  • The flooding in Iowa is so sad. My heart goes out to all of the families and business hurt by the high water.
  • Mid west rain is NOTHING like the rain in Oregon. It rains, and it rains HARD. Sort of makes it difficult to see and drive at the same time. Scary!
  • Always have a spare tire, ALWAYS.
  • Hotels.com app--recommended! 
  • Smartphone=lifesaver (without GPS and google, we probably would have missed Mt Rushmore and would have been lost while rerouting ourselves through the country)!
Glacier Park, Montana
Whitefish Lake, Montana
Iowa flooding
This made my day! It's in Missouri--I joked that I was going to take the exit :) 
Mt Rushmore!
Final Destination, Florida!!

Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday!


11 comments:

  1. Ahhh I'm so excited! I have been waiting for this post. Can't wait for our Skype date and the tour of your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a long drive!! Glad you made it Florida safely.

    Wait until you see the rain here... it's sort of like rain in the midwest... yikes!

    What part of Florida are you living in? My husband and I live in the Tampa Bay area. Hope you're loving FL so far. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post more post more!! :D And was Glacier Park a "worth it" stop?? We're talking about stopping there on our road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. exciting - great you are finally there
    great photos - the places look great and fun

    http://yajairasfashionnotes.blogspot.com/
    http://eleven23shop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! You went to Mount Rushmore! I want to go so bad. I'm glad you made it safely.

    Interesting that you finally experienced rain in the midwest. It's just like in the movies! But way less predictable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sooo jealous!
    I wanna travel too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. what lovely pictures! It looks like you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Can't wait to see more photos of your new home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - what a trip. I drove across Kansas once - that was enough. All they have is rattle snake farms, prarie dogs and 6 legged cows as highlights, oh and tumbleweed.
    Dianne
    YONKS UK

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like a great trip! What type of new job did you get? excited to hear more of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you made it safely there Amanda! And congrats on finding an apartment so quickly!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)