Monday, October 22, 2012

Blog Makeover and Weekend Update

Good Morning! I'm so excited to share with you my blog's makeover! It was done by Whitney at Gettin' Whitty with It. I'm so happy with the way the makeover turned out. Lots of new and exciting things coming for this here blog :)  If anyone is looking to get their blog redesigned (or to get a blog designed) I recommend Whitney! I wouldn't steer you wrong :)
 
Now... onto my weekend update! Once again, I am linking up with Sami for the weekend update blog hop!
 
Friday started with homemade chimichangas, wine and a visitor from Oregon. My friend, Mary, works for a winery in Oregon and often comes to Florida to do some marketing and sales. She always brings her leftovers from tastings so we let her stay whenever she wants. She's also a pretty big hoot and we love her :) I used this chimichanga recipe (I've made it several times) and it always gets a thumbs up from the hubs!


I spent Saturday by pool, relaxing and reading a book. It was glorious. The weather in Florida is finally starting to come around! 'Bout time!

 
Yesterday we went mini golfing (of which I lost, big surprise) and also fed baby gators hotdogs--on strings! I've lived in Florida for over a year and had not seen one gator (until yesterday). They were just babies but they seriously chomped so hard when those hotdogs came close to them! Scary.
 
We felt bad that we left Luna all day while we played with gators and mini golfed, so we took her to our pool while we BBQ'd dinner. For some reason she was pretty obsessed with that chair.  

 
This was Luna when I told her that she is going to doggie daycare for a week (that face, I die.):
 

 Tomorrow night we are heading to Phoenix for a week to see my step-daughter! That means only a two day work week! Yesssss.

Have a great day!!


 


12 comments:

  1. Busy weekend! :) Looks like a blast, and Luna is just adorable. Side note. Your blog looks amazing. Damn that girl does some good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a cute puppy face! And if I had a friend who brought wine with her, I'd let her stay whenever she wanted too! :) Great new blog look btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new blog look!!! And have fun in Phoenix. Can't wait to see you again - FaceTime this time since I'm officially an iPhone user now?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the look of your blog and your pup!! also obsessed with chimichangas but hve never made them at home. I will have to use that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww..your puppy is so cute!!! Looks like you had a fantastic weekend, lovely and the blog looks great! Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) I'm your newest follower
    2) Your puppy struck me dead. Like, D-E-D. I died. Love that face.
    3) Love the design! Whit did mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the blog redesign!

    Could go for some warm Florida weather right about now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did u go to international drive to feed that gators and play minigolf! I took my hubby there when we went t visit my parents and he wa so happy! lol!

    You look like u had a fun action-packed weekend

    XoXo

    glammedbytarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did u go to international drive to feed that gators and play minigolf! I took my hubby there when we went t visit my parents and he wa so happy! lol!

    You look like u had a fun action-packed weekend

    XoXo

    glammedbytarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luna's face is too sweet!!!!

    LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. found your blog through the hop!
    first off that dog, ugh, adorable, and so is your blog!

    I am a fellow Floridian and excited to be your newest follower!
    :)

    xo
    Hallie
    http://lifeoceanside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so lucky to have a friend in the wine biz!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)