Monday, October 29, 2012

Guest Post: Jessica from Living My Fairytale

Hi Friends! While I am still on vacation in Arizona, I asked Jessica from Living My Fairytale to take over the blog for the day and write a guest post. I first met Jessica during the nail polish swap. I had just got married and she was in the midst of the craziest that is wedding planning. We emailed back and forth a lot, sharing stories of the crazy-ness that lied ahead!  She is now a married woman and is here to share with you some of her wisdom :) Thank you, Jessica for agreeing to write this post! It's a pleasure to have you on a beautiful mess!
---------
Let me first say Hi to all you wonderful readers of A Beautiful Mess !! Let me introduce myself, my name is Jessica & I blog over at Living My Fairytale  & I am doing just that. I am recently a newlywed.  How recent you ask, October 13th!!! That means less than two weeks old!!! I am so excited that Amanda asked me to guest post for her while she is away.. I wanted to share with you what I have learned about newlywed life since the day I said I Do

Let me first start with the BIG day.. 

1. Your husband does things to make you happy, You should do something that makes him happy! We all get so wrapped up in life we forget about the small things that makes our partners smile. Take a step back and remember what that is and DO IT!! If that means, he wants a night out with the guys, LET HIM GO. If he wants to sit on the couch all day Sunday to watch football, LET HIM. He will thank you later for that!! As women, we tend to wear the pants in the relationship. 

2. Guys don't like pictures as much as we do! As women, we LOVE to document EVERYTHING through pictures and most of us carry a camera everywhere we go. Guys don't like pictures but later say thank you for being there and taking pictures. so TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES even when they are crabby!! My hubby was a monster after the 1000890453 picture but I know he will love them. 

3. Say Thank You! for every little thing he does. Men LOVE to hear it just as much as we do. 

4. Listen to Him! This is the only way you will know his wants, needs and 

5. Go out on Dates! Just  because you are married doesn't mean to stop dating. Life gets crazy and sometimes we forget, but try your hardest to go out at least once a month if not more. 

6. Tell him you love him every chance you get! Men LOVE this almost more than us. They want to feel wanted, they want to feel love, they want to know they have someone there for them no matter what. A simple text in the morning does wonders for them. A simple note on their car, in the bathroom, anywhere. A phone call in the middle of the day. It will make their day!!! 

Those are just the beginning of the things I have learned in less than two weeks. Crazy to think how much we learn from going from engaged to married back to real life. If you want to follow along in my journey of married life,see all those pictures I was talking about {when I get them from the photographer} come on over & say hi!




THANK YOU AMANDA FOR HAVING ME!!!!! I hope you have a great vacation. 




3 comments:

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)