Thursday, October 25, 2012

Guest Post: Jessica from Tooth N Nails

Today I have a guest post for you from Jessica and Tooth N Nails. She is a fellow military wife, who loves wine, cooking and football. She is totally MY KIND OF GIRL. You will love her! Thanks, Jessica for being here today!

------------------

Hi Bliends! Amanda is going on vacation and has asked me to guest post while she is gone! I’d much rather she’d of asked me to go on vaca with her but I’m honored either way. Amanda and I both love our wine, love our pups and love our military men! And any woman who loves wine is a friend of mine! 


        Sooooooooo, let me tell you a little bit about myself and what I got going on in life.

My name is Jess and I’m an early 30’s military wife. My husband is in the US Army and has been for 14 years.  I work as a Dental Hygienist by day and play as an avid DIY-er and virgin blogger at night. Over at (my blog), I blog about the things that every day life throws at me, family, friends, wine, military struggles, and humor.




We live in Massachusetts and are huge Patriots fans! Yankees Suck. We have two fur babies. Graycie the dane and Puppa the oversized pom.



Since my  hubs has done two tours in Iraq he fully appreciates home cooking. So in my little corner of Amanda’s interweb, I’m sharing some recipes.First off is a super easy Meatball Recipe. Every time that I cook these little suckers, they get eaten! 





-One bag of frozen meatballs
-One jar of grape jelly
-One jar of chili sauce
-And a butt load of garlic powder.

Throw it all in the crock pot and let cook for 4 hours. Stir from time to time. I’m tellin ya, these are super easy and delicious

Next up is the hubs famous Buffalo Chicken dip
2- 8oz containers of whipped cream cheese
2- 10 or 12 oz cans of chicken in a can (like tuna but it’s chicken)
1 Cup of Franks Red Hot Regular or Buffalo style
2 Cups of shredded cheese
* you can add 1 ½ cups of freshly chopped celery if you’d life, but we don’t add it.

Mix all of this together (but save a little cheese for the top) and put in a large baking dish. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese bubbles. Serve with Tostitos aka nacho chips.

If you can’t tell by now, I’m a big fan of throwing all of the ingredients together. I’m really bad at waiting and adding things as the time goes on. My way of cooking is error proof. Unless of course you are un-attentive to the oven or crock pot and burn things. I have been a victim to charring before.

Happy cooking with wine and drinking it of course!!! And thanks Amanda for letting me blurb here ;) 






2 comments:

  1. OH and I realized why the pics are horrendous, I need to send this to you in HTML form lol

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)