Wednesday, October 17, 2012

{What I'm Loving Wednesday}


Today I am linking up for What I'm Loving Wednesday! Sometimes we (or I should say I?) all just need a little reminder about what we have in our lives that is great/amaze balls/awesome/thrilling/exciting (whatever word you want to use) and forget about all of the bad stuff (or the stuff we think is bad--like turning 27 years old next week ;).

This is what I am loving...

I'm loving my hubby. He is finally home for more than a week, 5 weeks to be exact, and I'm enjoying spending time with him, getting out and exploring this city that after a year, still feels new. I look back on the times that I spent without him while he was working, and sometimes I don't like that person. I sometimes feel unmotivated and sad. And for those of you who do know me, know that I am NOT that person. And lately, I have been putting a lot of thought into what I need to do to not be that person, such as running more, spending more time with a book by the pool, setting up more dinner dates with the other Coast Guard wives and taking Luna on long walks. But if you asked my husband, he would tell you: distance makes the heart grow fonder.... and then I throw up in my mouth because I hate that saying (mostly because it's true) :) Sometimes being seperated is an amazing reminder of how good we have it. Even when times are tough, it's still pretty dang good.

I'm loving my job. I've worked in PR for most of the time since I graduated college (and for most of the time I was in college). I'd like to say that I was pretty confident when it came to making things happen in the PR world. I knew when something needed to be done and when something didn't need to be done. There was something about this job that made me question myself. It was out of my comfort zone. I should emphasize that it was out of my comfort zone. For the last 6 months I have continually gained confidence in my day-to-day duties on the job and everyday it just gets better and better! I have learned so much about PR and marketing, I'm so thankful!

I'm loving that I am going on vacation in 6 days for a whole entire week :) Arizona here we come!

I'm loving that I have amazing friends to Skype with when home seems too far away (I'm looking at you, Nicole). Skype dates make everything better when you live on the other side of the US from all of your friends and family :)

What are you loving this wednesday!? Do share.

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to work in PR! What an exciting job that would be!

    What am I loving? About to conquer the dance studio. Word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post! After a chaotic week myself, its helping me reflect on things I love and should be grateful for. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)