Friday, November 23, 2012

It's the Holiday Season

My family is really big on Holidays (which is probably why I hate when people finish Halloween and suddenly think it's time to put up their Christmas tree). It's the one time we all get together, catch up and spend quality time together. It's something that I thankful for, because without that I wouldn't be as close to my grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles as I am now. This is the second Thanksgiving that I haven't spent with them because I am on the other side of the US, currently. I missed them so much and was pretty heart broken that I was not there, but because this is the season of reflecting and being thankful I tried to look on the bright side, I am thankful that I wasn't completely alone and that everyone of my family members called, texted or left me a Facebook message to tell me that they missed me. It really is the little things. 
I'm working today, but I wish I was black friday shopping...for myself obviously. It's too early to buy Christmas presents...says the biggest procrastnator in the world. :)
It was a beautiful day so Luna spent some time on the front patio while I cooked and watched her from the kitchen. She is quite confused as to why I am not outside with her.
My hubby is off working, so my friend Renee and I (and our pups) created our own "Friendsgiving" this year. We cooked a turkey, watched Elf, Home Alone and then Home Alone 3 and drank wine (and stuffed ourselves beyond belief).
There was a small tiff with both of the dogs, so we put them in timeout. Luna went into our bedroom, I shut the door and this was what she was doing the entire time she was in timeout:
LOL, crazy dog.
I'm not gunna lie... my turkey turned out pretty awesome! Here's a secret: I didn't have enough broth for the pan, so I used the broth from Campbell's chicken noodle soup. I am pretty sure that is why it was so tender and juicy! You heard it here first, people.
Now, it's time for Christmas! I definitely plan to get out all of my Christmas decor tonight. And possible plan a few DIY projects for the weekend, while listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas movies. It's a tradition--usually my hubs is on the couch pondering how crazy his wife is, but that story is for another time :)
So thankful :)
 
Thank you everyone for linking up for our Thankful Series!! I can't wait to catch up on your posts :)
 
How was your Thanksgiving!?


16 comments:

  1. Looks like a good thanksgiving, even if your family is far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a family tradition of ziplining,, in Branson on Thanksgiving,, it was great, now we will all get together and have thankgiving dinner this sat, which is how i stumbled on your sweet potatoe recipe that im going to try,, and i was on California to Kansas's blog,,, i am from so calif and moved to OK so have a similar story as her,,, i have a newish blog if you ever get a chance to stop by. www.ponderosaprincess.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you had "friendsgiving". We're far from our families too, so I get how tough it can be to not be with them on the holidays. This is our second Thanksgiving... and soon Christmas... where we won't be able to visit our families. We decorated for Christmas yesterday, and it's really helped cheer us up. (:

    Glad you had a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stuffed myself like a Turkey as well lol ! and your dog's paw is hilarious. Reminds me of when my cat used to do that !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your turkey looks BOMB and your little dogs foot under the dog is too damn cute!! I have to break up our furry kids too. They get stupid when company comes over lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! I am your newest follower. :)

    -Logan
    www.southernsunflowersandcoffeebeans.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. new follower here! your pup is so cute, happy holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great thanksgiving even though you weren't with your family! Luna is too cute with her little paw under the door! Your turkey looked delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, I got my eat on too!!! Holla!!! That's what it is all about right??? Thanks for stopping by today! Super fun blog, lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. anаlyst I sense that theге
    are non-ratiοnal forces at work. Homemаde bгeaԁ is not onlу effortlеss
    tо mаκe, but its much better foг уou.
    The landfill extended thе arеa so it сan
    be implementеd to maκe on.
    Here is my web site ; carscarl34.bravejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. An іnfоrmatiοn аnd іnѕtructіonal
    site for the homе ρizza cook. Add another cup
    of thе flоur аnd ѕtіг until you have а ԁough ball.
    Тheгe aгe not a lot of frozеn pіzzas out thегe that lock in that fresh takе out taste anԁ І wanted to ѕee what thiѕ pizza сould offer mе.


    Mу websitе www.scholar.at

    ReplyDelete
  12. The moment theу сome to bе acquaintances, they
    ωill expect familiarіty, but not also a greаt deal until then.
    Тhis Floriԁa tеnting posіtion
    is excellent foг a relativeѕ on a financеs sіnce
    it іs fairly priced for the Orlando
    regiοn аnd уet іt is shut to all
    the prіncipal points of іnterest like Disney. Stiг in οnionѕ, cеlery, chopped yеllow bell peppеr аnd cook till tenԁer.


    Here is my site kitchen supply old stone oven baking tiles

    ReplyDelete
  13. An impresѕive share! Ι havе just fοrwarded thiѕ onto a fгiеnd who hаd been conԁuctіng a little гesearch on this.
    And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it foг him.
    .. lol. Ѕο let me reωoгd
    this.... Тhanκs fоr the mеаl!
    ! But yeah, thanks for ѕpending ѕomе
    time to talk аbout this tоρic here on your internet sіtе.


    Hеre is my homepаge; Http://board.oprojekt.net/user/2567-lynnbryan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was curious if you ever thought of changing the
    layout of your blog? Its very well written; I love what youve
    got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so
    people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or 2 pictures.

    Maybe you could space it out better?

    Here is my weblog - Cha0vu19vi.bravejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anyplace, when i read this post i thought i could also make comment due
    to this good paragraph.

    my webpage: the arc shower rod and curtain
    my web site :: visit the following site

    ReplyDelete
  16. Verу nice aгticle, totallу what I needeԁ.



    My web site: Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)