Thursday, November 8, 2012

November Goals

Happy Thursday! 
I've never actually posted any sort of goals on this here blog. I've always always always been very motivated and smashed any project or obstacle put in front of me, to tear me down or to test me, so I never needed anything to hold me accountable--I held myself accountable. I always tore down those obstacles and never looked back. I'm realizing slowly that I've somehow fell out of that high motivation and fell into a funk, that I mention here. After our wedding, I gave myself a little break from stressing about every thing that went into my mouth and taking the stairs rather than the elevator, EVERY DAY. Well, it's been 4 months and I've been struggling for the last month how to get back into my routine. I've been inspired by Jessica at Tooth N Nails to make a list and report back to my readers when November is complete. So, with that said, here are my November goals. A start to getting back to my routine I once knew so well.  

Photobucket

1. RUN! Before we moved, I ran a half marathon. I love running. But being in Florida, the weather doesn't always allow running outside (I prefer cooler temps). Now that the weather is cooling off, no more excuses! I need to slowly get my body back into it, so running every other day is my goal. Maybe I find a half marathon to train for :)
2. Experiment with a new gluten free recipe each week. I have been know to get some serious stomach pains after eating certain foods. Mostly gluten. I've never in my life ever had to restrict my diet (I've always enjoyed healthier foods so that was never an issue) so I have had a hard time stopping putting gluten in my mouth, because I don't wannaaaa! Waaaah! I'd like to start experimenting with different recipes so that one day I can completely take it out of my diet. Pinterest here I come!
3. Coupon! Yes, I am one of those crazy people who LOVES to coupon! I really need to get back into this to save us money, but also because I get a sense of satisfaction when I can get $200 worth of groceries for $90. Yes! You can do it, too! I will teach you :)


9 comments:

  1. I love couponing but I have I don't get the paper to cut them out! Nice goals chick!!! Good Luck and thanks for the mention! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. please teach me how you do this couponing!? :) I would LOVE it!!!!
    & great goals... cant wait to see how you do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I will send you an email with the basics I've learned :)

      Delete
  3. Amanda, I just came across your blog and love it! My husband and I just moved from Oregon to Southern Cali and I know what you mean about adjusting to running with the higher temperatures. I also just had to go gluten free and have found some really helpful websites and books- if your interested let me know! And girl, I commend you for couponing! That takes some serious commitment and is such a good habit! I'm your newest follower, and I just started a blog. Would love it if you checked it out and followed back :) xo

    http://mylifeasawifetheblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Your blog is so cute!!

      Delete
  4. Gluten free is the worst! I just found some pasta at Target that's gluten free AND doesn't taste like cardboard! WIN! It's that target brand in the bag too, and it wasn't expensive, as far as a gluten free food goes.
    If you have a Trader Joe's, they have good gluten free bread(I usually go for rice or potato based, it's less cardboard like)
    And if I get pasta, go for corn based pastas, rice based is glue-like.

    And...what else?

    Oh! I substitute white rice for "carb" foods

    And I also have a "less than 6 ingredients" rule(typically if there are more than 6 ingredients, it has gluten)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh! Thank you SO much for all of this!!! I am excited to see how it starts to make me feel :) I'll keep you posted!

      Delete
  5. I love your goals! Sometimes is helps to put them in writing and refer back to them. It makes you more responsible for them :) I am trying to run my first 1/2 marathon in January. Any advice? Ohhh and I love your blog. Newest follower. :)
    Kristal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristal!! I am so excited for you to run your first half marathon! It is a seriously awesome feeling crossing that finish line! My advice would be to not slack on any training! Are you following a training plan? They have lots online if you just Google it. Eat lots of carbs the night before and get a good breakfast in the morning! Don't try to do anything during the race that you didn't do while you were training. I wanted to die half way through the race, but it was AMAZING finishing. Such a great accomplishment!! Email me if you want more advice. amanda.rice12 (at) gmail. I could go on for forever!

      Delete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)