Monday, December 3, 2012

#Bragaboutit Mondays

From California To Kansas

Good Morning my friends! It's Monday. And most of the time on Mondays I am mad that it is Monday. I always usually wake up late, rush to get out the door and am the last to get in the office. Well my friends, not this Monday. This Monday is a good Monday. Yesterday the USCG gave me my husband back! Woop! And they even said I could keep him through the Holidays! Isn't that so nice of them? ;) 
So, I am in a stellar mood because at approximately 5pm, I will be driving home to my husband to make dinner, decorate for Christmas and have actual conversations {not going to lie, I have tried to talked to Luna while the hubby was away, as if she was a human, once or twice, but that conversation is always one sided!?}.
Another awesome thing about Monday is this new link up some of my fave bloggers (Mallory, Jess and Jen) have come together and created. It's called, #bragaboutit Mondays. What girl wouldn't love an excuse to brag? Look no further, girlfrand.

So, what am I going to brag about today?
I'm going tell all of you what an amazing cook I have become. I don't really know how it happened. I was never really into cooking through college. I never knew what went with what, or what flavors would blend well. Actually, I guess I do know what happened, PINTEREST, happened. When I joined, I started pinning so many recipes (really, it's out of control. So out of control that I have boards for appetizers, side dishes, main dishes, beverages, etc.). It really inspired me to try new things and it made me realize that cook wasn't really that hard. There are so many simple recipes out there that any one can do it. Really, I promise. Now I have become a cooking machine {sort of like a to do list machine, but with cooking ;)}. I love cooking. There is something very satisfying about cooking a delicious meal for people {even if it's just for me and the hubs} and them being so happy and devouring it. It's my way of giving back to the people I love, I guess.
With that said, one of my favorite recipes I have created is chimichangas. They are definately the hubs favorite, too because he asks me to make them everyother day and last night he ate three of them. I plan to share the recipe with you this week. Here's a sneak peak:


Have a great Monday!

 


6 comments:

  1. thank you so much for linking up, and way to go with the cooking! I am the exact same way, my menu has expanded thanks to Pinterest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up girl! Go on with your bad self you top chef! I agree totes with you and Pinterest, I feel like Betty Crocker half the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the recipe. Looks DELISH! Love the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love anything Mexican food related!
    Congrats on being an awesome cook.

    Visiting from the #BragAboutIt hop!

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get it girl! :) Love that you are becoming a "cooking-machine"!! Stopping by from the link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Creating a delish meal is definitely worth bragging about! I have multiple "food" boards on pintrest too! Stopping by from the link-up :)

    http://bit.ly/womaninamansworld

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)