Thursday, January 17, 2013

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it!

It's Thursday. That means two things: one: tomorrow is Friday. whoo! two: It's time for Saw it. Pinned it. Did it! with Stephanie and Katie :)

I am always envious of everyone who links up for this every week. I just don't always have the time to execute an awesome Pinterest project once a week (but wish I did!). I do, however, always have time to find the Pinterest projects, just not actually do them... Hmm...

I had the idea to make Valentines to send out to our families a few weeks ago, so naturally I went straight to Pinterest where I found this:
The website gives you a printable, super easy, just print! I printed it and found that the hearts that I had already purchased, were a little too big to fit over the "O" and I need to add more space, so I just created my own in Word. This is what you will need:
Photobucket
(please excuse my grammar mistake, I caught that after making TEN Valentine's. Blonde moment).
Red/pink hearts (the project above shows chocolate hearts, but I am mailing most of these so I need something that was lighter weight and not so bulky). I found these ones at Michael's, $2.99 for 20. You will also need some fun Valentine's paper. These were also found at Michael's, $2.99 for 25 sheets.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Paper cutter, glue stick, stamp pad (for our "R" stamp that I am putting on the envelopes). ribbon (though I haven't exactly decided how I am going to use it), and a glass of vino (required).
 
Cut out your printables and measure the colorful paper to be slightly bigger to use for a matte look. Glue to printable to the color paper, stick on your hearts in the appropriate area and voila, you get this:
Photobucket
Cute, right? And so easy :) 
 



15 comments:

  1. This is adorable!!
    I might steal this for Alex's v-day present.. I am stuck on what to get him for his birthday & v-day!!!

    ps. I wouldnt mind getting one in the mail either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. first, this is such a fun/cute idea.. two, it says "love the Rice's" -my mom's family are Rice's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the absolute cutest! It came out amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I think it's soo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love this!!! I made a printable of it last year! It was one of my favorite little decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that the wine is "required"! super cute !

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super adorable! I love it, great job! :)
    I would say I'd be doing this soon (and maybe I will)) but pretty much all of my SPD projects lately have been of the "flat" variety. I guess I need to try something a little more 3-d...haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute!! soooo...how did you cut straight lines? because I see this and I think "OH! I could do this! Except the scissors part"
    When I use scissors, well, lets just say I'd be better off letting a 6 year old cut things for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to do a Valentine's Day craft!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww this is so cute! Now I need to figure out someone to make this for

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute!! Vday crafts are always so fun! :)

    I'm so happy you stopped by my blog and now I've found yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is seriously the cutest Valentine's card ever!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)