Monday, January 28, 2013

Sunset Chasers

I had a moment this weekend that I realized that I really do live in a beautiful place and I am fortunate to be able to explore such a great place. I grew up in Oregon--Oregon and Florida are two completely different places. The weather, the scenery, the people, the culture. Complete opposites. The town I live in, outside of Tampa, is pretty boring. It has few good restaurants, bars or things to do. It's small, compared to its neighbor... which has a lot more to offer but is a 30 minute drive. It does offer the beach and incredible sunsets.

The last few nights, the sunsets have been beyond incredible. Oregon doesn't get sunsets like this, people. It made me realize that it isn't that boring after all. I mean, this is where I live! (and it was 75 degrees all weekend! I'm sorry to all my northern friends who are likely recovering from frostbite--you're all welcome to come to Florida ;).

Thursday's sunset

 
 Friday's sunset

 
Saturday's sunset
 

 
What about you, do you live in a beautiful sunny place, or a frigid cold (but likely beautiful as well) place!?



14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures!! I live in Atlanta and the sunset can be soo gorgeous over the skyline but of course, since I've been trying to get good pictures with my new camera, the sunsets have been pretty dull because it's so cloudy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Florida's sunsets and sunrises are the best!! I live on the east coast of Florida. Watching the sun rise with the ocean is the most beautiful thing. I also love that you could drive 2-3 hours across the state to see the sunset on the ocean water. I love living here!! Hope you had an amazing weekend hun <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! Since it's been snowy and SO cold here on the east coast these pictures make me want SUMMER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 75 sounds pretty good right about now.. living in Ohio you just don't get that this time of year. and those pictures are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Sunsets are the best at reminding you how awesome life is, don't you think? We are really lucky to live on the beach in San Diego and we get sunsets like that almost every night. We have made a pact to never take advantage of it and to always watch it when we can. So far so good!

    xo, jill
    Classy with a Kick

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, the weather in Jax has been fabulous...flip flops and bare legs are amaze in January:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in a sunny place.. Northern California - Sacramento area :) My husbands mom lives in Bradenton FL though it is such a different atmosphere there but I love it when we go visit. Those sunsets are gorgeous. I have family in Portland OR also and I think that it is so beautiful and green there, and I love visiting there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lived in Florida for 12 years and vaguely remember the sunsets! I do miss so much of South Florida, though. I miss how green and beautiful it is/was.

    Arizona, where I live now, has absolutely breathtaking sunsets. Even though I live in a desert, sunsets over the mountains are amazing. Although when we visiting California last year, we got to watch the sun set over the ocean and that was beautiful as well. I'd say moreso. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are absolutely gorgeous - and girl, your blog is adorable. :)

    I'm a new follower! Really looking forward to getting to know you! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Florida and beaches!! It's my favorite thing of all.

    New follower here too!! What a CUTE blog :)

    Lyndsey
    Football & Glitter

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get the best (and worst!) of both worlds... I'm right on the water and we have amazing sunsets too, but I'm in Maine so I get the freezing cold temps in the winter! Can't wait for warmer temps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I miss Florida sunsets, they are really the best especially from the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! New here and see you're living in FL too...and I believe my hometown! ;) I'm south of you now in Ft Myers. I miss Clearwater!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)