Wednesday, February 20, 2013

An Annoucement

Well, hello. I am sorry for my sudden leave of absence. I really have no good excuse except that sometimes life gets in the way. Sometimes life gets exciting. Sometimes life takes crazy turns. Turns that are expected, but once it comes you have about a bajillion (that's not really a word, but today it is, for purpose of this post) emotions run through you. You are don't know if you should be excited, sad or just lay on the floor and cry. Crying usually ensues in this particular instance. Because my friends, it is transfer season. That's right, transfer season. Most of you lovely readers are aware that my husband is in Coast Guard, and with that comes a new home every 2 to 4 years.

I couldn't find the source for this photo. Anyone know?
 
We've been in Florida for about two years (you can read about our adventures getting to Florida here), that means it's time to fill out a dream sheet of all the possible new places we could survive living, submit it and hope for the best. FOR MONTHS. For real, they make us wait forever to find out our fate. But once the news comes, it's a crazy emotional experience. I can't even begin to describe.

I remember seeing the email from my husband pop up on my phone while I sat at my desk at work. My heart sank to the floor. I knew exactly what that email meant... seconds later I received a text message, "check your email." I starred at my phone for a few seconds preparing myself for what that email was going to say about what my life would be like for 4 more years.

There were a few options we wrote down at the bottom in order to fill up the sheet but I prayed and hoped we didn't recieve orders to Boston or Baltimore. If I have to leave this home (Florida), I want to be back on West Coast with my family and friends. 

You want to be excited for a new journey, but you also feel as though you just figured out this home. You've only just settled in, only to pack up again and move.

I opened the email which took seconds, but felt like hours, to load on my phone. I was shaking. Blah blah blah... I was trying to read through the fluff important details of our move to find the city. "Where is the city name, damn it!" And then I found it: Los Angeles, California (cue begining of emotional roller coaster).

So, there you have it folks. We're moving to LA in a short 4 months. We are beyond excited to be back on the west coast (and for a new adventure) now that the roller coaster of emotions seem to have passed by.

Let the job postings, house searching and blog stalking begin! Where are my LA bloggers at?!
 
 
 
 


22 comments:

  1. This is crazy! I couldn't even imagine doing this so often but at the same time this is exactly what I love about life. Constant movement and new adventures. So glad you got what you wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for military moves (we're Army so I'm with ya on that roller coaster of feelings...) but sounds like LA will be a good spot for you. Isn't it such a pain trying to keep a career with constant moving? Wishing you guys luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it sounds so stressful but you're handling it amazingly... I'm sure LA will be another great adventure for you! Thank goodness your blog friends will be right there with you no matter where you go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'll never get to have a blate with youuuuuuu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! That is EXCITING news! I used to be a military wife, so I remember how crazy it gets. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, this sounds very familiar. Our contracts are for 'up to 3 years' and then we're moved on - they are often big changes. First was Canada to Gabon on the West coast of Africa and now we're in Norway. We'd never visited either place before making the move but it's exciting and thrilling to travel and set up life elsewhere albeit, nerve-racking awaiting decisions!

    Best wishes as you prepare to leave Florida for California!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so exciting and scary all wrapped up into one! If I had to choose anywhere on the West Coast - I would have to choose LA too!! I am so happy for you two!! If I ever visit which my aunt lives in that area then I will let you know :) Keep us updated :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you! My husband is in retail and we move every couple of years so I know how you feel. Maybe we can squeeze in a meet up before you go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay...Cali! LA is super close to San Diego so once you are settled, we will have to get together!! So happy you are getting to move back West! :) If you need anything, let me know! :)

    xo, Jill
    Classy with a Kick

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an exciting city to move to! And you'll be close to your family... even better!!! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's quite a change. I will keep you both in my prayers. I hope L.A. will be a good experience for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so exciting!! I'm happy for you that you get to go back to the west coast!! I can't imagine having to move all the time but then I think that the adventure in it and all the memories you're making is pretty cool! :) I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. but aren't you just a teeeeensy bit excited to be on the same coast as your family and all of your old friends!? good luck with the job/house/blogger search! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay!!!!!! That's so exciting! I love LA!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know any LA bloggers, but that is where I was born and raised! Lived there until I graduated from UO and moved to Portland. Let me know if you need advice or suggestions. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoo hoo! How come I missed that you were from the west coast? In CA?

    ReplyDelete
  17. newest follower! Can't wait to follow along on your journey...and LA, now that's something! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amanda!!! I just read this post and have chills. What amazing news! I know how hard it is to be away from your family and friends, all in the name of love, and now you're being rewarded and you get to move to LA! Congrats and all the best to you on your new adventure. Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you'll be closer to your family! And living in LA will be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How exciting to be on the verge of a new adventure!

    Every time Hubs mentions moving (just outside of town, not even to a different state) I mentally freak out a little bit so I can't imagine the emotional side of it!

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So happy that you got what you wanted and I know EXACTLY how you feel. You write it so well!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)