Monday, February 11, 2013

Dolphins + A Finish Line

This weekend was quite eventful. It was non-stop and went by way too fast! My in-laws are still here from Montana so we wanted to make sure we showed them a great time!
We went on a dolphin boat tour. It was cool---we haven't done much "touristy" stuff in Florida since we've been here. We were totally missing out--we saw a lot of dolphins and even a baby and his (or her?) mom :)
 



(photo bombed)
 

We made sure to take them to see a Florida sunset (some of the prettiest sunsets are in Florida, btw). We ended the night carb loading for my half marathon the next day. This is my favorite part of racing...an excuse to eat a lot of pasta and bread! ;)


 
I finished the half marathon in 2 hours and 24 seconds. My goal was to finished in less than two hours, I was close... I guess :-/
Let's look on the brighter side: I was just happy that I was able to recover from injury and still beat my last half marathon time of 2 hours, 6 minutes and 15 seconds!
I tried sprinting when I saw the finish line, but I honestly just felt like dying...I had no more energy. I started the race too quickly, which I knew as I was running, but I couldn't help it!
The last two miles were the worst. My training plan only had me running 9 miles as the longest run, so I think next time I will run 11 miles as my longest run and try to do it a couple times. Try.
Anyways, I survived. And I can walk today. Except the stairs are proving difficult, but I can handle that. That's what matters!



 
Have a wonderful week!
 



22 comments:

  1. Love the dolphins! Hey girl 2 hours and 24 seconds is AMAZING!!! You should be super proud of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for a half marathon!!!
    and that dolphin tour looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh love the dolphin! Congrats on the half! I can't imagine running more than a mile, much less 13 of them!
    You should be so proud!
    Happy Monday to you!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Congrats on the race girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on the race girl!!! And I think every dolphin tour that I've been on, they never show up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire anyone who runs marathons or half marathons - way to go girl!! That 24 seconds could have been you getting caught up in a starting line jumble ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh dolphins!!! They're my sorority mascot so I love em!! Congratulations on your half!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...I admire you for tackling that marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha...I love photobombs! One of my favorite things to do is look at the people in the background of all my pictures. I wonder how many random photos I am in too! Sounds like a fun weekend! Congrats on the marathon!

    Jill
    Classy
    with a Kick

    ReplyDelete
  10. Montana? I'm from Montana....glad your inlaws got out of the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow-congrats on your 1/2! That's WAYYY fast, girl! I've been trying to talk myself into a 1/2, but I just can't wrap my head around the 13 miles thing. 10k's are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A dolphin tour?! I didn't even know those existed - how cool! Congrats on your half marathon!!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your half marathon!! I don't think I could bring myself to run that many miles!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the marathon! It's been sooo looong since I've seen dolphins!
    Btw I'm a new follower :)

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com
    I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you're interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. dolphins AND a marathon in one weekend?! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. woo what a great post! Cheers to living it up!! High five on your race time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoa!! Go you!! I say you were VERY close! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. the dolphin watch looks so fun!! Hey are you on instagram?? PS I suck as host! just found out from our mail room at work.. your package never went out!! I made sure it went out today!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girl...you ran a half marathon--you freaking rock!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow those dolphin pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a weekend!!!!

    i am a new follower and i just love you. so excited to be here :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)