Monday, March 4, 2013

My Weekend in a Nutshell

I'm not sure about all of you, but I always feel as if Monday comes before I am ready. I just get done with my cleaning and errands and BAM, it's Monday. It's a vicious cycle.

After our weekend in Key West, followed by an extra, extra, (EXTRA) busy week at work, I needed a day to do absolutely nothing (and finally unpack my suitcase). That day was Saturday! I laid in my PJs for the entire day. I read some blogs, took a nap and watched some movies with the Hubs. On Sunday, I don't know how I made this happen, but I slept until 11...12 hours of sleep! I don't remember the last time my internal clock let me do that. And let me tell you, it was amaze.

I went for a 5 mile run yesterday afternoon. The weather in Florida has been much cooler, and I am loving running in it!

We hosted Sunday dinner last night (a new tradition!) and I made my famous steak with onion-blue cheese sauce. It is crazy-delish. I will share the recipe soon! Many bottles of wine were consumed with great conversation. I am going to miss these people when we move to LA.



How was your weekend!?

13 comments:

  1. Your moving to LA? Like LA..or like Louisana?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of your Keys trip AND your lazy day Saturday! Sounds like a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's so cool that you have friends all over the US (from all of y'alls moving!). That recipe sounds delish - please share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those surprise days when you roll over, look at the clock and it isn't before 7 am! They hardly every happen, but when they do, it's just fabulous!
    Looks like you had a great time hosting Sunday dinner! I love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That steak sounds bomb! Def put up the recipe, the man will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am jealous of the vacation you took :) I so need a vacation that includes getting on a plane and going somewhere!! The steak sounds delicious!! Looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for you to post that recipe! It sounds sooo good! And I love the wedding photo on the wall :o) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so jealous that you go to sleep in. I feel like I can never do that...even on vacation! :)

    Jill
    Classy with a Kick

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'A viscous cycle' lol Can I quote you on that?

    Sounds like a fun weekend, you know the steak dinner and wine has me drooling as I am on week 2 of a detox :/ ick!

    I'm in Jamaica and feeling the effects of that cold front here too, luckily I get to dress up in my scarves and boots!

    take care!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steak with onion and blue cheese sauce, from Pioneer Woman?! Clearly I'm obsessed with her and that recipe is so amazing. Sounds like a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love reading your blog so I nominated you for the Liebster!! http://fromlatoportland.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jealous of your run outside, I'm waiting for this Nebraska weather to warm up so I can run outside more! And side note, creeping on your picture, but I love that canvas photo in the background, looks like so much fun and what a great keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your weekend sounds great! I wish I still had weekends!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)