Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekending

This weekend was a plethora of random. But was quite productive and relaxing all at once. If that's at all possible.
We watched Life of Pi. Loved it. LOVED it. Then we renamed Luna, Richard Parker. To say she is confused would be an understatement.
I cleaned, I napped, I conquered. Actually, the Ducks conquered and moved on to the sweet 16. So proud of those boys!
We saw Oz The Great and Powerful. Loved it. LOVED it. Two great movies in one weekend. Life = complete.
We also made this for dinner, baked quinoa and chicken parm. I had pinned the recipe and bought the ingredients a few days prior. And while I was making it, I wasn't feeling it. Those flavors just weren't sounding good at the time. I had already committed however, so I just kept going (or swimming as Nemo would say). It actually turned out quite delish. It's gluten free (as long as you don't use the bread crumbs) and was super easy and quick. I actually made it (up until the oven part), stuck it in the fridge and then popped it in the oven a few hours later. BAM! Easy dinna!
I also threw together some gluten free buffalo chicken wraps (at least I think they were gluten free--I was a little confused with the buffalo sauce's ingredients but I didn't get sick so I am going to say that's a win. Don't judge me, I am still learning!). I stuck a few chicken breasts in the crockpot with a little buffalo sauce. I shredded the chicken added more sauce and topped my (corn) tortillas with it. Along with a little bleu cheese crumbles, tomatoes and lettuce!
I also had this for a delish, gluten free treat while running errands on Saturday:
I just might make this a Saturday requirement tradition.
Happy Monday, ya'll!!
 
 


17 comments:

  1. I watched Life of Pi last week and started calling Rylie Richard Parker. She was thoroughly confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A weekend with good food is always a successful one in my book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to watch Life of Pi so bad!! That froyo looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter wants to go see Oz The Great & Powerful... was it kid-friendly at all? The previews that I saw looked a little adult-ish. I'm not worried about adult content, I just don't want it to scare her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun weekend! I love renaming our pets...we do it about 10x per day. I sometimes wonder if they know their own names! :)

    Jill
    Classy with a Kick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I'm glad to hear you liked Oz! I can't wait to see it :) We meant to over the weekend and plans changed- so hopefully soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those tortillas look delicious! And I'm looking forward to seeing Oz! I've been hearing such good things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ya, go ducks! your saturday treat looks delish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The buffalo chicken wraps look amazing!! I gotta try those out sometime :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those wraps looks so good! And sound SO easy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOO I want to see Oz!!!
    And those wraps! They look SO GOOD!!!

    Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been wanting to see OZ for awhile now! Still haven't gone though! Guess I'll have to get on that...and those buffalo chicken wraps look delish (and easy) which are two wins in my book! Stopping by through the linkups! I'll be a continuing follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love frozen yogurt- its big here in the city!

    http://lifethroughpreppyglasses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw Oz the Great and Powerful a couple weeks ago and loved it too!! Oh, James Franco. :) And um...can I have that froyo please??

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved Life of Pi! It seriously changed my life.

    And yummy yummy James Franco. He's so weird and I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to see both those movies so badly! Glad to hear you enjoyed both of them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to see Oz but the hubby refuses too...maybe I can wrangle one of my sisters.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)