Monday, April 1, 2013

Moscow Mules and Sweet Potato Pancakes

We had some pretty awesome weather in Florida this weekend. Like, almost no humidity, awesome. We had every intention of making it to the beach to soak up the sunshine. We are only here for two more months (not that the sun doesn't shine in LA, we just don't know that we may ever come back to Florida--life may not bring us here again).  I am actually sitting out on my patio, writing this post in the last bit of gorgeous weather I will be able to enjoy, considering I have a crazy busy week ahead of me! I'm tellin' ya, it's gorgeous out here.

Instead we slept in, made a big breakfast and hung out with Luna at the dog park--twice.

Easter Sunday was more of the same. Sleeping in, making breakfast and relaxing. We are far from family members so we didn't have big plans. Though I woke up Easter morning thinking: "dang, I wish I had a little nugget I could take to an Easter egg hunt today!" Soon enough, my friends. Maybe in a few Easters :)
I started my Friday with a Moscow Mule. These are so good. Perfect for a warm, Spring day!
For breakfast on Easter morning, I tried a new recipe, something I have never made before: sweet potato pancakes. I used this recipe. They were GOOD. The butter makes them BETTER. My were a little gooey on the inside because my batter was too thick, so keep adding the coconut milk until the batter is the consistency of a thick soup. I also added coconut flakes on the top. #yumm

I will leave you with some inspiration for your Monday--go get 'em!

Do you have an amazing recipe for sweet potato pancakes you can share?! 







12 comments:

  1. Hiya Amanda! I'm a new follower from the bloghop. Your sweet potato pancakes look great! You'll have to post the recipe. I'll look forward to reading more xx

    Amanda @ Rhyme & Ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pancakes look and sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the second person I've seen mention a moscow mule this weekend. Prior to now I'd never heard of it! Also, I found myself wishing for a little nugget this weekend too. Not that I don't wish at other times, but it was more present I guess. Maybe one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep hearing about these Moscow Mules. Momma needs to try!! And enjoy that beach and sun while it lasts!! I know I would be!!! Happy Monday!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my delicious. I have been on a sweet potato KICK lately. My belly is grumblingggg!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy that southern sun while you can! Wish it was as warm in SC as it was in FL!
    I'm with Shana (above)...I think I need to try one of those Moscow Mules and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from the link up. Mmm Sweet potato pancakes sound delish! And everyone is drinking moscow mule's all of the sudden. I had never even heard of it until last week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, I'll have to try these pancakes! Sweet potatoes are so yummy. Have you made the cream cheese pancakes? http://pinterest.com/pin/209698926369575490/ I tried them and they were good, but a little weird.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pancakes! YUM! Definitely on my to-make list:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I need to try a moscow mule!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah, i remember what it felt like to sleep in. :) hurry up and make a little nugget! tee-hee.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never heard of Sweet Potato Pancakes. Yum! I also haven't tried a Moscow Mule. I need to get on that.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)