Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ribeye with Creamy Blue Cheese Onion Sauce

Hi Friends!! I am guest blogging today for Jess at Tooth N Nails for her weekly link up--EXPOSED! Sounds risqué, right? Go check it out ;)

Onto more delicious things... I am here to share with you the newest staple recipe in my house! Now, unlike most staples in my house, this one is not healthy and involves a lot of butter. So stop reading if you're concerned by butter (I know ya'll are going to keep reading, I would ;). But if you embrace butter... read on! I promise this will not let you down. 
 
I found this recipe on Pinterest a while but didn't jump to try it right away because of the butter contents. But one day, the hubs had a long bad day at work and when looking for something good to make him, I came across this one and decided to do it. This choice was not the best of choices, because now he asks me to make it for dinner every other day. And anytime we host dinner with our friends, he tells me to make this. 

It's really a simple recipe, too. One of those that you memorize after the first time. This is the original post, here.

Ribeye with Creamy Blue Cheese Onion Sauce
You will need: Lots of butter, blue cheese, heavy whipping cream and steak! Also an onion and salt and pepper (not pictured, obvi)
Start by melting a stick of butter. 
Then add the entire onion (sliced):
 Cook the onions until they are a solid carmel color
While that is happening, season the steaks. I used only salt and pepper because the sauce is going to be flavor enough for the steaks.
Melt another stick of butter in a pan to cook the steaks to make them dark and "grilled" looking on the outside (you can also BBQ them, the stove is just easier for me sometimes). 
While those are cooking and once the onions have carmelized, add 1 cup of heavy cream and 1/2 of blue cheese crumbles. Stir until the blue cheese has melted.
Once everything has finished cooking, spoon some of the sauce onto the plate and put the steak onto of it.
Then ENJOY! Seriously, this is sinful. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Have a wonderful Thursday!



11 comments:

  1. OMG. That's like heaven on a plate. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, this looks amazing! I am a huge fan of cheese on steak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband would LOOOVE this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I am adding this to my recipe box ASAP! I am a HUGE fan of blue cheese and well... this girl likes a nice juicy steak every now and again!!! Found you through the exposed link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a fan of blue cheese but the rib eye looks great. And we all need some good old fashioned butter from time to time, right? :) Says the girl whose fridge is stocked with Earth Balance organic spread. Ha!

    Jill
    Classy with a Kick

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooooo amazing! I can't really say enough good things about this recipe. I will add that for those of us who don't always embrace cream and butter, I made it with nonfat milk instead of cream (and a little plain yogurt to thicken it up) and it was still obscenely delicious.

    Yum, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy deliciousness, does that look good. Nom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing and makes me very hungry!! Yummmm!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)