Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Thankful for Scary Adventures

Two Months. 4 days.

That's how much longer we will be living in Florida... after that we are heading to Los Angeles and I can't even begin believe it.

We've lived in Florida two years, though I could swear it has been two months.
The time is racing by me and I don't know how to slow it down. The mornings, the workdays, the evenings, the weekends. I don't know where all of the time is going and it's scary. Real scary.

Any military move is scary. Regardless of how long you have to prepare. New home. New environment. New job. New friends (and let's hope for a new baby--lol).

Everything comes so quickly, I mean I should be used to this. I should know that this is the situation--I can't change it. But I haven't quite been able to grasp the feelings and embrace them. And I probably never will. Maybe those are the feelings I should be embracing!

Looking on the brighter side, I am about to go on one crazy adventure with my most favorite person in the entire world--and that in itself is pretty exciting! Oh yeah, and this sweet face will be joining us on our cross country road trip, too :)
Though there are many things that being married to the military can be seen as negative, like moving every 2 to 4 years--picking up and moving your entire life--something normal people don't do, there are many things I am thankful for.

I automatically have a network of amazing friends no matter where we are stationed. We all share a common thing--the Coast Guard. And with that comes support, friendship and compassion for what one another is going through. You are always welcomed with open arms. And that's a pretty amazing thing.

I have created a network of lifelong friends across the country (Boston, Los Angeles, San Diego, Tampa, Alaska) because of the Coast Guard. Friends that will pick up the phone when I call, at any time of day or night, just to make sure that everything is okay, and will talk to you for hours when you need them--because they understand. Friends that provide fun destinations to vacation to. Friends that provide hilarious group texting and hours of entertainment. These are true, hearts of gold friends that I could never replace. And for that I am grateful. One day we will cross paths again. We will live in the same city or state and we will pick up right where we left off, because nothing can change the bond that I have with these girls.

I don't think I would be the person I am today, had I not been put into situations that made me uncomfortable.

And so, I would say that military family life is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) like the blogging world. I have created friendships all over the country (and world for that matter!) and for that I am also grateful.



8 comments:

  1. Girl you are so so so strong. You got this! I can't wait to hear about the cross country trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt move with the Military but I did move every 2-4 years of my childhood as well it is a crazy scary time but SO EXCITING too!

    Yay LA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear about your move! I think my dog would enjoy a long road trip ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending y'all prayers for a safe move!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it crazy how time flies?! Excited for you on this new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please post some pictures from your road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so scary and exciting at the same time! New adventure for sure! Can't wait to hear about your adventures. There really isn't anywhere like California...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely and sincere post. It is sad to say goodbye to new friends and places you've roamed but what an adventure to be able to live in so many places. Plus a road trip ( I love them)! I'm at traveller at heart, and when I stay in a place too long I get antsy. Right now, I'm ready for a new move and hopefully that will happen soon.

    Good luck Amanda and looking forward to reading about your future adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)