Monday, April 8, 2013

That Time I Tried to Shop After Hot Yoga

I don't know about you guys, but I am pretty happy to see Monday--said no one ever.

My weekend was full of exercising, shopping and brunching. My friend Renee and I decided to try Pure Barre (you use a ballet bar and create very small, contracted movements with your body). I REALLY felt it in my abs--oh my gosh, did I feel it. Still do. The next day I had to literally roll out of bed. But I really enjoyed the class, though I think it will take some getting used to... the terminology was all very new and most of the time I had no idea what I was doing but I just knew it hurt--hurt so good! Sometimes I just want to get in a workout that doesn't require buckets of sweat and this is one of them.

We then had a delicious brunch and headed to the mall to shop for a friends bridal shower gift. I also purchased my first pair of Tom's! I'm moving to LA in two months and I just feel that I must have a pair of Tom's when I get there. Doesn't everyone in LA wear Tom's? I have no idea why I think this...

Luna and I went to the dog park on Sunday. She is slowly learning in her old age (she's going to be 3 on April 15!) that she must obey me... lol. There is a dog park close to our house that is HUGE. It has a big open area and there are also walking trails. It is a great dog park, but my dog thinks she can just run off and hide from me. So I am frantically running through the trails yelling her name for at least 5 minutes which feels like an eternity. This time she obeyed and stuck close by. But I probably just jinxed it and she will be a terror from now on. Sweet.

I also was sure to get out by the pool for a little while on Sunday. The weather was so great, I couldn't resist. I have a pile of magazines that I am trying to read through and the pool was a great way to get through a few of them!
I did some hot yoga--my new obsession. I planned to quickly stop by the grocery store on my way home and grab two things. After the session I looked in the mirror and was pretty sure that the store was a really bad idea considering I was obviously wet. But I was starving and decided I would just suck it up and get in and get out as quickly as possible. I literally RAN through the store. When I got home I realized that I had dried just enough so it looked like I had wet myself. I really hope no one noticed...how mortifying.
 
#lessonlearned
 




10 comments:

  1. My dog would be a terror at the dog park! I have enough trouble getting him to come inside from the back yard :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah. I did hot yoga once and totally put the kaibosh on a trip to the mall after. I was DRIPPING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is learning in her old age... hahahaha! Mine only listens to the word NO, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I have totally gone to the store after hot yoga before! I also got pulled over one time and I was mortified! OOPS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep hearing about how amazing hot yoga is! But I just hate sweating and I give you a lot of credit for going to the grocery store like that! Haha! Luna is so cute! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it creepy that I know where you live based on your pool photo, yep probably. I pass that place all the time. And yeah, our dogs can't be trusted at Enterprise. I refuse to go without my husband because I have panic attacks that I will never find them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh..I love Barre classes. I have done a few and they are all so different. I love the ones that have a bit nore cardio. And you definitely need Toms if you are moving out here. I just got my first pair! :)

    Jill
    Classy with a Kick

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh girl, I love me some hot yoga!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry...even if someone noticed your wet spot at the store, they most likely won't recognize you the next time you go in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha lesson learned on the wet pants lol...new follower stoppin to say hi:)

    www.meetthebrowns20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)