Monday, April 15, 2013

We Survived the Dare

Ohh man. Do I have a weekend update for you!
We took the "Urban Dare" on Saturday. What this means is that you get a bunch of clues about Tampa and have to figure out what each one means. For example, one clue said something about a popular Cuban poet known as the Apostle of Cuban Independence, find his bust and take a picture with it. You're allowed to use your phone (because let's be honest, no one would probably win without Google), so you Google his name and then you have to figure out the exact location of his bust and go there. This was like a one day amazing race--so fun! And my husband didn't kill me, #winning.

There was a lot of walking and train riding that occurred. I also got to see a lot of Tampa that I have never seen before--dang, that is a big city ;) We finished in 3 hours and 38 minutes. The winners of the entire race finished in 1 hour and 33 minutes. Apparently, they looked like they need oxygen when they finished... yathink? It's April in Florida...
1. Before the race-still smiling :) 2. Why did we wear flip flops? It was a HOTTT day. But we officially were the ONLY ones in flip flops. Oops. How was I supposed to know? 3/4. Going through all of the clues... making maps, Googling... drinking Chardonnay.
1. This is one statue we had to find and take our picture with. He about synched off my skin--he was hot! 2. We had to ask a random stranger to do a cartwheel. This guy was a good sport! I also had to get down on one knee and propose to someone... who then told me to come back because he was single. Uhhh... this is only a game, guy. Sorry 'bout that. 3. Everyone has a name on their "passport" where you kept track of all of the clues you've solved. Ours was UNIVERSITY. So we had to find each letter individually (each letter had a number) and add them up. We were off, but the guy let us go anyways--I think he felt bad for us. I would have. 4. Another statue--though this may have been the wrong statue because we were supposed to find the "bust". Whatever that means... ;)
I invested in a juicer. I have wanted a juicer for SO long, but I always thought I had to pay $300 to $400 to get one that was actually worth the money (not some cheapo one that falls apart after 3 uses). I found this Breville one from Crate and Barrel. $100? Count me in! And that I did, because I purchased it on Friday :)
Yesterday, I juiced a large amount of beets, carrots, apples and lemon--enough for a few days.
I don't know if you know, but juicing has some amazing health benefits. Yes, it takes time. And yes, it costs a little more money--I spent about $20 on all of the ingredients for my juice yesterday (it will last me about 3 to 5 days, depending on how much my husband drinks of it. I wouldn't recommend letting it sit for longer than that--it will lose nutrients and may go bad.).

When I am drinking juice (in addition to my regular diet) I find that my skin is so much healthier, I have A LOT more energy... to get to the gym! Win, win. I also find that I am more focused and productive, I don't feel tired and hazy. Juicing can also help with weight loss! Our bodies were MADE to have the nutrients from fruits and vegetables. These are the things we SHOULD be putting into our bodies. I think the benefits are quite obvious. Just something to think about :)

If you want to learn more about juicing I recommend the movie, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.

Last but certainly not least... LUNA! Today is her birthday. 3 years old! And still acts like she's 6 months old :) But she is the sweetest thing... I just can't get over how much I love her. I can't imagine loving anything more!
Happy Birthday, Luna Tuna!



10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday LUNA!!!
    The Dare weekend looks like a blast. I wish we had something like that here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lot of fun! I doubt I could have gotten through the whole challenge...I would been too nervous to ask a stranger to do a cartwheel, much less propose as a joke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Urban Dare thing looks super freakin' awesome!!
    Happy Birthday Luna!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAYY for getting a juicer!! I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Luna! So cute. And so jealous of your juicer. We juice oranges every week but we need to get a real juicer for the serious stuff!

    Jill
    Classy with a Kick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Urban Dare??? That sounds like SO much fun. I LOVE that idea!
    Happy Birthday to Luna, and I want to try juicing so much, but can't get a juicer right now...on a budget. So I've been drinking Bolthouse Green Goodness a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like sooo much fun!! I wish we had that here!! How cute is Luna?! Happy Bday! Now following via GFC from the linkup!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  8. howwww did not know about this Urban Dare?! We would have totallllly take part!

    next time this happens I say we team up for a double date and bring in first place:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from the link-up. The scavenger hunt sounds like fun, and a lot of work! Happy Birthday Luna!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to do a challenge like that, it sounds like a freakin' blast.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)