Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Bestowed

Bestowed was founded by Heather Bauer, a nationally recognized nutritionist and author. It's a service similar to Burchbox or Ipsy. Except with healthy food options. Heather created the service to help other's be able to sort through the grocery store isles and easily try new things. As a health nut, I think this service is awesome! I was able to try new products that I never would have tried otherwise. This could also be really great for anyone who isn't the best at eating healthy and wants to try out different (healthier) food options. 

Here are the items I received in my box:
1. Happy Family - Happy Squeeze Smoothies
This was delish. The texture was perfect and the taste was great! You will find me picking some extra of these up from the grocery store often. Perfect snack or breakfast on the go and only 100 calories!

2. Simply Snacking Jerky
Let's get real here for a minute. This isn't gluten free. But when I received my Bestowed box in the mail, it instantly caught my eye and I had to eat it, STAT. So I ate it. Then I felt sick. But let me tell you, it was so worth it! It's only about 60 calories and has no trans fat or MSG. It's the real stuff. I like real stuff!

3. Kind Healthy Grains Oats and Honey Clusters
Hands down my favorite thing in the box. There aren't a lot of words I have except, delish. With vanilla coconut milk? I die. 

4. Green and Black's Dark Chocolate
I've never been a huge dark chocolate fan, but after trying this, I am SOLD. I need more. The size of the bar was perfect, too. It was the perfect snack size so I didn't eat too much :)

5. Nature's Bakery Fig Bars
I didn't get to try this myself, because it was not gluten free. But they are whole wheat and would be perfect for a mid day pick me up for some energy!

6. EBOOST
This is a vitamin packed packet that you add to water. It did not taste like something I would want to try again. It was too chalky for me. I don't mind other similar products, but I didn't care for this one. 

7. Arrowhead Mills Oatmeal
This is 100 calories and has no sodium (it often sneaks into other oatmeals!). I would love this on a cold winter morning with a small splash of brown sugar. Mmmmm! 

8. iTrain Gift Card
This is awesome. I am always looking for new workouts, especially ones I can do in my own home! iTrain allows you to download workouts to your iPod. The trainer talks you through the workout and is motivating you throughout. Just what we need sometimes :)

Good news! Bestowed wants to giveaway one Bestowed box to one lucky reader! See below for the rafflecopter. I'll announce the winner on Tuesday, May 28. Good luck!!!!

Also! You can receive $5 off of your box by entering this code: 5OFFBSTOWED01

*Disclaimer: I was sent a Bestowed box but all opinions are my own. 


a Rafflecopter giveaway

3 comments:

  1. This is such a cool concept! And, I agree, those Kind bars are SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never heard of this! i do love my birchbox subscription (on the day the little box arrives, it feels like christmas!), so i'm sure i'd be all about this too. good for you for being so healthy!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)