Thursday, May 2, 2013

Blog Everyday in May!

I know you're all confused by the title of this post because I did not blog yesterday--the first day of May. But today I am making up for it and accepting the challenge from one of my favorite bloggers (and photographers!), Jenni from Story of my Life. She has challenged everyone in Blogland to blog once a day for everyday in May. I'm going to do it, even if it kills me. This will be a real challenge for me because I am going to be traveling next week, but I am up for the challenge. Let's do this.

If you want to join, go here. Jenni lists out ideas for each day--easy peasey. And you can still join a day late ('cuz I said so!). Right now, I am going to write about yesterday's topic and later today I will post today's. And just like that, I am caught up. BOOM!

Story of my life in 250 words or less:

I was born in Portland, Oregon and lived the majority of my life in a small town outside of Portland. I joined one older sister and 3 years later, my brother joined the family. The three of us were kick-butt soccer players. I grew up really close to cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents, vacationing and spending every holiday together. In high school I was on the Dance Team (I decided soccer wasn’t for me, although now, looking back, I wish I would have stuck it out. Hey, you live you learn, right?) I moved away when I was 18 to go to college at the University of Oregon, two hours away (GO DUCKS!!). (Side note: best decision of my life!) I lived away for 4 years, while working my way through school as a server and bartender at an Outback nearby (where I met some of the best, most amazing, friends a girl could ask for). I moved back to Portland, landed my dream job and lived it up with my friends in the city. During this time, I met my now husband through mutual friends. We dated for almost a year, moved in together, moved to Florida a year later (thanks to the Coast Guard), got a dog, spent as many days at the beach and pool as possible and now we are preparing for our move to the crazy, mad house, city of Los Angeles.
Lord help me.
Nothing beats a Florida sunset, ya'll.
 
 
Are you taking this challenge, too? Check back later today for day 2 when I educate you on something I am good at :) No, I will not be educating you on how to be awesome. That just comes naturally.


4 comments:

  1. I cheered and rode horses. I stopped riding and just did cheer and wish I would have stuck with riding!

    I'm more of a USC gal myself. ;)

    Sounds like you had a great childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Duck, huh? Maybe we can't do our blate when you move down here...I heard Huskies and Ducks don't get along so well. :)

    Jill
    Classy with a Kick

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a fun story! I have been to Portland once and I loved it - so fun that you have roots there. Good luck in LA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet L.A. will be a big change! I hope moving goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)