Monday, October 7, 2013

Hiking on Saturdays

The hubs and I have chatted about doing the Hollywood hike numerous times since moving to Los Angeles. We always managed to come up with excuses to not drive 45 minutes (traffic is a popular one). But, despite the hot temps that took over LA this weekend, we did it! We woke up early Saturday morning to beat as much traffic and heat as possible and were hiking by 10:15a.m. Be impressed.
Besides the hot temps the last few days, we also had a lot of wind which meant that most of the smog was gone, which equals even more amazing views!
Side note: We live on the 11th floor of our building and have a panoramic view of Signal Hill, I never knew there were mountains beyond the hill. Thanks to the wind, I saw said mountains. So pretty! I dig it. Speaking of weather, it's supposed to be a little cooler this week and maybe even a little rain! This Oregon girl is HAP-HAP-HAPPY. Bring on the rain:)
The hike is pretty easy and the view all the way up is pretty stellar. It can be as short or as long as you want it to be. It took us about an hour round trip, but we only went to one side of the sign. I highly recommend if you're in the LA area!
Drive down Beachwood Drive to the very end and you'll find a dirt parking lot. Parking is limited so go early or drive a motorcycle. :)

Happy Monday!!!

Sami's Shenanigans
---------
 
PS! Have all of you SoCal bloggers saved the date for our first Blate!? Jill and I have had such an amazing turn out so far, in terms of sign ups. We can't wait to meet ALL of you! Get more details on the SoCal Sistas blog! Or email me: amanda.rice12 (at) gmail.com.
 


 

 


6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous hike!! You are very lucky to live somewhere with such great hike ops!
    Missy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!!! A little jealous of this hike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics! I've been there but just to take pics... wish I had done the hike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to live in Signal Hill!!! Loved driving up to the top at night b/c it was so pretty w/ all the lights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiking to the Hollywood sign is FOR SURE on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg I am so jealous! I would love to go to Cali, but it would be the icing on the cake to hike by the hollywood sign!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)