Wednesday, January 22, 2014

{currently}

I constantly think about coming to this space to write. Writing is so freeing, such a stress reliever. 

I work in pubic relations so my job involves a lot of writing; one thing I absolutely love about it. Though I love writing key messages, short articles and responding to journalists requests, there's nothing quite like coming here and just writing about what I want to write about. It's an incredible feeling. 

I am working on balance. I used to have this whole work, life, blogging schedule down. But I find that once a wrench is thrown into my perfectly scheduled day, week or month (OCD, much? Hey, I like to plan), I lose sight of said schedule. This time, the wrench was work. 

When we got home from our Christmas vacation to Montana, I went straight into intense 12 (or more) hour work days getting ready for an event in Detroit. Then I flew to Detroit on a Saturday, worked all day Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I flew home Tuesday night, slept most of Wednesday and returned to work this last Thursday. I've spent the last few work days trying to remember what my job is, when it isn't the Detroit Auto Show. 

Anyway, let's move on. The moral of that story is that I am trying to get my groove back. Thanks for sticking around :)

Currently, life is going a little something like this...

1. Lots of walks with this little cutie to see those sunsets! They almost never disappoint. 
 photo ae159410-3d25-4023-9ada-bc943b2d8a7b_zps4cd56f1f.jpg
2. Everyone in the United States of America (and probably other countries, too) know how much LA traffic is downright awful (<-- a="" accident="" after="" always="" day="" deal="" dear="" fast.="" few="" font="" get="" in="" is="" it="" just="" lawd.="" learn="" lightly="" matter="" mix...="" nbsp="" no="" or="" putting="" real="" tantrums="" temper="" the="" there="" things="" throw="" time="" to="" traffic.="" ugly="" when="" you="">

This morning on my way to work, I saw a sign that said there was an accident on 405N (the freeway I was about to merge onto). The cross street was quite a few miles ahead of where I would be exiting, so I thought, no biggie, I'm still getting on the 405 (good thing I was on time this morning... for once). 

I merge onto the 405 and I am going 60 miles per hour... What the what? I thought there was an accident...? Usually I am going 5 miles per hour. It was glorious but it made me think (in true paranoid fashion), "what am I missing? Everyone else knows something I don't..." 

Then it hit me. All true SoCal residents probably check the traffic before leaving for work (I am not one of them, apparently). They saw there was an accident on the 405 so I avoided it. I don't even want to know what all of the other freeways looked like this morning. Thankfully, I only have to get on two of them. Definitely not complaining... I could get used to that! But I won't, because let's be honest, it won't happen again for awhile. 
3. I am really interested in doing a sugar detox diet, or really a detox diet in general. I've been poking around online looking for something simple (NOT a juice only diet, sorry--I like to eat:) and one that lasts 7 to 10 days. I know there is the infamous 21-Day Sugar Detox from Balanced Bites, but I am not sure I will last 21-days. 

Have you done a detox diet? Share in the comments below! Perhaps we can do this together, who's in?  
If you follow me on Instagram you know that I made a spontaneous decision to sign up for a raffle for the Nike Women's Half Marathon in Washington, DC on April 27. Honestly, I didn't think my team would get picked. But alas, we did. And I paid almost $200 to run in the race and I also need to buy a plane ticket. Regardless, I am really looking forward to spending some time with one of my BFF's, Nicole. It will be totally worth it in the end :)

On a somewhat different note, one of my favorite bloggers, Whitney, wrote a post yesterday that I really enjoyed! I have been feeling that blog posts (or rather blogs in general) are turning into sponsored, edited and fake content. I have a hard time scrolling through my Bloglovin' feed and finding an honest post (honestly, I can tell by your title if you're going to try and sell my something or if you were paid to write it). Whitney hit the nail on the head when she said that bloggers are basically selling their soles to get page views. I don't see anything wrong in making money through your blog. Nothing at all! But there is a line that should not be crossed. What happened to true, unique content? You can read Whitney's post here. Enjoy:)

I am working to get my design changed, too! I am cooking up some changes around here, so stay tuned!! 


Don't forget to comment with your detox ideas and let me know if you want to join me for 7 to 10 days! 

3 comments:

  1. That end picture. I die! I've tried the Dr. Oz 3 day cleanse and only lasted half a day. It wasn't that bad but I felt really deprived. I've heard good things about the Advocare cleanse. Not sure I want to spend the money though. Let me know if you find a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traffic is so bad here! One thing I didn't miss while being in NC.
    I love that last picture. hahah

    I want to do a detox too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm considering doing a sugar cleanse. I feel like with the deep NYC freeze I've been craving sugar/carbs more than ever! A cleanse would be a nice way to try to kick it. I did it for a week once (no sugar added, only naturally occurring sugars, so dates for sweetener) and felt great by the end.

    Also, I ran the Nike DC Half last year and it was a fun weekend! Would be even more fun with good girlfriends. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)