Tuesday, April 8, 2014

14 Week Bump Update

How far along: 14 weeks (14w5d)

Baby size: A lemon!

Weight gain: This is a hard question. I try to weigh myself at the same time every day (first thing in the morning) to get an accurate number, because my weight seems to fluctuate depending on the time of day and what I have ate or drank. But now it seems like even that number is fluctuating, so I really have no idea. But my doctor said she was happy with the amount I had gained so I'll just stick with that. 

Maternity clothes: Yes. I bought a bellaband when I was around 11 weeks. I could still button my pants, and probably still can at 14 weeks, but sitting down at a desk all day with my pants digging into my belly was very uncomfortable. I was not in love with the bellaband. It didn't seem to do its job and was constantly rolling up (or down). But I used it for a week or so until I bought some maternity pants, which are so comfortable I may never go back to regular pants again! Kidding. Kind of. 

I also bought two dresses and a tank from Old Navy, that I haven't worn yet. I am waiting for summer weather to really hit LA so I can wear a maxi dress everyday! I have a million of them, so I will probably wear those for most of this pregnancy. 

Stretch marks: Not yet! But I have been applying numerous layers of numerous brands of stretch mark cream daily! I have read everywhere that the creams don't help, that your genetics determine if you will get them or not. But it would be silly of me to believe that ;)

Sleep: OH Yes! I feel like I am sleeping well throughout the night, which is surprising considering I wake up every hour to go to the bathroom. 

Gender: We find out the gender on May 15! I can't wait!! Right now, I don't have any idea what it is. The Chinese Gender Predictor (which my mama friends SWEAR by), says we are having a boy! Which would be cool if we could agree on at least ONE boy name. 


Movement: On Saturday I felt something that felt like two butterflies in my stomach. It was a little different than anything I had ever felt before. But it is so early, I am not sure it's possible that I felt the baby. 


Best moment this week: The headaches seem to have disappeared. #praisethelord

Looking forward to: Feeling the baby kick again! And going to my 16 week appointment :)

Food cravings: I am not sure I would say I have had any full on cravings during this pregnancy. But I can say that sweets ALWAYS sound good. And so do pickles. But I wouldn't punch someone in the face just to get one :)  

Weirdest food I ate this week: For lunch today I packed (along with other things) two pickles in a plastic bag. How random! 

Anything making you queasy or sick: So thankful for a big fat NO! I had a little quesy-ness during the first trimester. But if I remembered to always bring snacks where ever, I was golden!

Labor signs: Ummm, NO. Thankful for this, too...

What I miss: Wine! And drinking all the coffee I want. 


Symptoms: Bathroom trips every 5 minutes, some headaches (though I think they are gone now), back pain (thankfully this is gone, too. I could barely walk for about 2 weeks).  

Workouts: Right after I found out I was pregnant, I was walking Luna and she started running all around and being crazy, and she ran right into my knee and I could barely walk for a good three weeks. Once my knee was feeling better, my back started to hurt like crazy, just the left side, for about two weeks. Needless to say, I didn't work out at all during the first trimester. Now that I am better, I have been trying to work out every other day. I've been going on brisk walk/jogs and lifting (very) light weights. I also want to get a prenatal workout DVD that I can do at home. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am thinking about getting this one, What to Expect When You're Expecting - Workout.

Things that suck: This beer belly. I'm slowly starting to look pregnant, but now I am stuck at the beer belly stage. You can't tell if I drank too many Bud Lights or if I am growing a baby. 

Things that don't suck: Reading pregnancy books and learning about all of the things that are happening inside of me. It's SO CRAZY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)