Friday, May 23, 2014

21 Weeks: Bump Update

How far along: 21 weeks

Baby size: Pomegranate 


Weight gain: 8 pounds...

Maternity clothes: Yes! And yes! I am slowly running out of things to wear :-/ I didn't want to invest in a lot of maternity clothes, but I think I am going to have to give in (a little). The SoCal weather is teetering between maxi appropriate and not maxi appropriate. Otherwise, my options would expand by a thousand. and getting dressed for work would be a little easier. 

Sleep: Oh, yes. Except the 100 trips to the bathroom. Otherwise, no aches and pains keeping me up. #knockonwood

Gender: Drum roll please!!!! It's a.... GIRL! #teampink 


Movement: Yes! I have been feeling a lot of flutters (or "quickening" as the professionals call it) since about 18 weeks. More and more they are turning into kicks and jabs. Each time her kicks get harder and I want to giggle--wish I could watch her all day long! 


Jonathan felt the baby kick for the first time and it was the sweetest moment I have ever experienced. Seriously. I wish I had it on video :)

Best moment this week: Best moment during week 20: finding out the gender! That's a given :)

Looking forward to: My baby show in a couple weeks in Oregon and spending time with family and friends. I am also looking forward to moving! We are moving to a bigger place next month and I am so excited! I can't wait to start putting the nursery together!

Food cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary, but somethings that I usually like make me want to vom, sometimes. 

Weirdest food I ate this week: Nothing new to report here! 

Anything making you queasy or sick: If I wait too long to eat (then I stuff my face with) then I start to feel sick and can't really enjoy the food I am trying to eat. I am getting better at this though. This preggo needs to EAT -- that's my mantra. 


Labor signs: Um, no... Thankfully?

What I miss: SANDWICHES. Also, wine. I miss some of my clothes and staying up past 9. 


Symptoms: Stretching stomach. It hurts after I eat because it's stretching so much. I need a massage after every meal. Who can arrange that for me? Using the potty every 5 seconds. This baby belly, it's getting more and more obvious. 

Workouts: Yes! This past week has been no bueno, but hey, sometimes that happens, life gets busy. I plan to work out tonight after work and a couple more nights in the coming days. 

Things that suck: The ache in my lower back after I eat (because my stomach is stretchinggggggg). 

Things that don't suck: The kicks! They make me want to giggle. I am loving every second of them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)