Wednesday, June 25, 2014

25 Weeks: Bump Update

How far along: 25 weeks

Baby size: Cauliflower 


Baby's recent developments: She is 13.5 inches and weighs about a pound! She is starting to develop her baby fat, too. Come on chubby cheeks! 

Weight gain: ...about 15 pounds

Maternity clothes: Yes! I was trying to avoid buying a lot of maternity pieces, which I have successfully done. But I am so bored with what I have. I wear them over and over and over... I still have three months left of getting dressed!

Sleep: Yes! I am not complaining. Sleep has been wonderful. Actually, this morning when my alarm went off I was sleeping so soundly and was literally pretzeled around my body pillow that I couldn't get to my alarm for a good 60 seconds. That was some goooooood sleep! #sorrysleepinghusband

Gender: #teampink 


Movement: As she gets bigger I can distinguish her movements more. I can feel when she is rolling, twisting and turning. Or when she hiccups or when she is pretending to be a ninja. This morning I felt her arm (or leg?) brush across my stomach. It was so crazy! I can't help but be freaked out but also be smiling from ear to ear :)


Best moment this week: Baby Rice's baby shower. My friends and family always know how to make me feel soooo loved! This baby inside of me is already loved to the moon and back and I can't wait for her to be here to experience it all! Also, the crib and mattress came and I almost shed a tear when I saw that tiny mattress. 

Looking forward to: Now that the crib has arrived we can start putting together the nursery! My head is spinning with all of the ideas and things I will buy to put that sweet little babe's room together. Nursery sneak peak will be coming soon!

Food cravings: Nothing new here! 

Weirdest food I ate this week:  I am trying to keep eating super healthy which also (sometimes) means boring. So nothing crazy over here!

Anything making you queasy or sick: I have been feeling really great (as long as I remember to snack) so no sickness. 


Labor signs: Heck no!

What I miss: Standing on my feet for long periods of time. My feet are not used to carrying this much weight. I have a lot of energy, which is great considering all of the nursery things I want to get done and all the friends who come to visit me and want to go do fun tourist things that require lots of walking... Ouch.  


Symptoms: Sore feet and sometimes my back aches if I am on my feet for too long. 

Workouts: Ha! We just moved and almost immediately had out of town guests so this hasn't happened in a couple weeks. Hoping to get back into a routine  

Things that suck: Not being able to be on my feet for too long and peeing every 5 minuets. It's important to drink a lot of water (or the headaches will ensue!) but then I have to find a bathroom every time I turn around! So annoying. 

Things that don't suck: I am still loving all of the kicks and movement. And finally being in our new house where baby girl has her own room that I get to decorate for her. 


1 comment:

  1. So cute! And I loved Maternity clothes, embrace em!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)