Wednesday, June 11, 2014

#BabyRice2014: The Shower

This past weekend I went up to Oregon for my baby shower with family and friends. It was a super quick trip but totally worth it! I had such a great time seeing everyone and celebrating this little life that is in my belly! Seriously, this child is already so spoiled. I came back with a PACKED suitcase and there are more boxes on their way. Eeek! 

Living far from family and friends always makes trips home a little stressful. I want to see everyone and do everything but that is never possible, although I always try and end up exhausted and hung over. This weekend everyone came to me, it was the best!!! I am going to have to figure out how to make that happen more often... someone needs to throw me a party every time I come into town. Any takers?

My mom, sister and friend Kim did such a great job! Between the drinks, food and cheesecake, I am pretty sure everyone had an amazing time. And the weather was beyond perfection. People were migrating to the shade, in Oregon, in June. That is a rarity, let me tell ya! 
Little baby shoes are seriously the cutest. THE CUTEST! I can't get enough.
There is a matching bib to go with this whale sleeper and it says, "I'm Whaley Hungry" and I die of laughter every time I look at it! 
Before my flight home on Sunday, we went fabric shopping for Baby Rice's bedding (sneak peak coming soon!). I am so excited with what we found, I can hardly wait to get it and put the nursery together. I spent the rest of the afternoon soaking up some Pacific Northwest sun and eating way too many gluten-free cookies.
When I got home Sunday night, I couldn't wait to start showing off all of the great things the baby got at the shower. I immediately started unloading, and overwhelming my husband.  
Luna apparently agrees with my choice for baby's coming home outfit! 
I text my mom the above picture and told her I wasn't sure if I should be worried or think this was cute, that Luna was all up in the baby's stuff. We decided she was being protective and will be the best big sister ever:) 


3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great shower! and those little shoes... I die!!

    I totally understand trying to see everyone when you go home. I've pretty much decided that besides a select few, I'm not moving mountains anymore to see everyone, they can just come to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful! I love little baby shoes, too! :) Glad to see you're doing so great! - Heather, Life of a Traveling Navy Wife

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great shower! You look so good! And those Toms are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)