Thursday, June 26, 2014

Nursery Sneak Peak



Happy Thursday! 

I've been pinning and obsessing over the baby's nursery since the day that I found out I was pregnant (thank god for private Pinterest boards!). At the time, we were living in a small apartment and the second bedroom was in no shape to be a nursery. Essentially, it was storage space. So we started making our plan to move and finally, for what seems like decades later, we have moved into our new place and there is an empty bedroom waiting for baby Rice's arrival! But first it should probably get some furniture in it. While I am in the process of shopping and decorating, here is a little sneak peak of what's to come. 

During my Pinterest research I found quite a few inspirations and ideas (obvi). But it actually took me quite awhile to find "the perfect" image that I wanted to base the decor on. One thing was for sure, there was not going to be a lot of pink (I have nothing against pink, I don't hate it, which is good because everything baby girl is pink. I just prefer purple, coral, turquoise, greys... you get the idea). 

Then I found this and knew my search was over. It is the perfect mix of colors and a little pink won't put a damper on things (pink is bound to make an appearance). 
It's perfect, yes?

As my baby shower gift, my girlfriend and her mom offered to make all of the baby Rice's bedding (they are seriously so talented. They also made my save the dates and wedding invites!). When I was home a few weeks ago, we went to shopping for fabric and this is what we came up with (I'm obsessed with the elephants!).
                  
Then this happened yesterday. Tears may have shed. I mean, there is nothing more sweet than a little baby crib. Nothing.


















I'll share more soon! :)




2 comments:

  1. I love the pinspiration. And I loooove the fabrics you picked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the fabric selections!! I can't wait to see it all come together. Our crib is still in a box! Soon though - we got the room cleaned out this weekend, painted, and it's just about ready for furniture! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)