Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I Hate Flying + 29 Week Bump Update

This weekend was all sorts fantastic. It included tears, sweat, laughter, love, pizza and a wedding! Two of my very best friends married. It was one of the sweetest and most special weddings I have ever been to.

This weekend was also the completion of the last flight I had to get on (hopefully) before baby comes! I am not sure if you know, but I hate flying. No, I am not scared of crashing. I hate sitting in one seat for a long period of time. I hate being at the airport 1 to 2 hours early. I hate that they are germ infested. I hate that I am always hungry starving on flights, even if I eat right before (probably because I had to leave my house three hours before the flight was scheduled to to leave to make it through security on time). I HATE that I can never find gluten-free anything in airports. And unfortunately, I have to fly a lot if I want to see my family and friends (although some of them do come to see me, I usually am the one flying to see them). Ok, rant over.

We have two more trips planned this summer that do not include airplanes, including our babymoon in Santa Barbara this weekend! Speaking of that tiny human growing inside of me. It has been a few (four to be exact) since I did a bump update. So let's do this!
How far along: 29 weeks

Baby size: Butternut squash 


Baby's recent developments: She weighs about 2 1/2 pounds and her bones are beginning to harden.  

Weight gain: ...about 20 pounds

Maternity clothes: Um, yeah. My wardrobe is shrinkingggg. 

Sleep: No complaints here! I have been rolling out (and into bed), but you gotta do what you gotta do! 

Gender: #teampink - duh.


Movement: Her movements have gone from strictly kickboxing jabs to rolling and stretching with the occasional kick (right into my bladder. Thanks, kid). 


Best moment this week: 
One of the other bridesmaids at the wedding just had a baby about a month ago and I of course hogged that baby as much as I could. It made me all the more excited to meet my little one. Also, she was 8 pounds and I kept thinking - "omg, THIS size baby could come out of me! Eeeek!"   

Looking forward to: Our babymoon this weekend :) 

Food cravings: Nothing new here! Still eating a lot of fruit and trying to stay away from the the ice cream. 

Weirdest food I ate this week: Nothing to report. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: I still feel sick if I let myself get too hungry, so I have been trying to always have snacks for emergencies.  


Labor signs: Um, no. No braxton hicks, yet. But I am sure they are coming.

What I miss: This week mostly wine. It was probably the wedding I was at and being around all of my college friends again... while I was dead sober. That hasn't happened in awhile. Our reunions are usually much different.    


Symptoms: Sore feet and back. I feel like an old lady. 

Workouts: I've been doing lots of yoga and it was has helped my back pain tremendously. I got a Groupon for yogadownload.com. I am loving this site! They have so many options (types of classes, length, etc.) for yoga classes that you can stream on your computer instantly. Amaze.   

Things that suck: No wine and the dwindling energy levels. 

Things that don't suck: Hand down, the movement! 






5 comments:

  1. How adorable are you and that bump in that yellow dress! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute! And I totally feel ya on the hate flying thing. So annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable! Happy to hear everything is going great. Have fun on your babymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heard! But, you know, many (dare I say most?) doctors approve of a glass of wine while pregnant these days.... Just sayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey lady! looks like we're both expecting babies in october! i'm having my second little girl. i write all about it over at September FARM! (http://farmerbell.blogspot.com) so glad to have found your blog...via aubrey kinch. she designed my site too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! I love hearing from readers :)